Your CURRENT Local Weather Forecast Here
Flood Warning issued May 18 at 11:47AM CDT until further notice by NWS Milwaukee
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Fox River Lower Near New Munster affecting Lake and Kenosha
...The Flood Warning remains in effect...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Fox River Lower Near New Munster.
* Until further notice.
* At 11:00 AM CDT Monday the stage was 12.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 13.8 feet
early Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 13.8 feet, Floodwaters are into the lower levels of
some homes in the Town of Wheatland and Village of Salem Lakes
areas along Riverside Drive and Shorewood Drive. This level is
the 20 percent chance flood meaning there is a 20 percent chance
of the river reaching this level in any given year.
River forecasts are available for some but not all river gaging
locations. The 7 day river forecast takes into account past
precipitation, soil moisture conditions, and predicted
precipitation for the basin. Precipitation is for the next 24 hours
in the future from April through September and for 48 hours in the
future from October through March.
(Stages in ft.) Bank- Latest Forecast stages
- Flood full observed ...for 1 pm...
Location stage stage stage/time Tue Wed Thu Fri
New Munster 11.0 10.0 12.45 11 am 5/18 13.5 13.8 13.4 13.0
- Highest 24 hour change
- observed in river stage
- stage in (ft.) up to Highest stage
- the last latest observed forecast in
- 7 days stage next 7 days
New Munster 12.45 11 am 5/18 2.65 13.80 1 pm 5/20